We invite all photographers, amateur and professional, to join the Bird Island Seychelles Photography Competition! Send through images captured whilst holidaying on this island during the month of June through to September 2017 and stand a chance to win a return trip to this awesome place! Unleash your creativity and send in your shots, whether of breathtaking sunsets, lovers by the beach, our friendly Creole staff or the fantastic wildlife, anything that captures the essence of Bird Island. So what are you waiting for? Here’s your excuse to escape to our island once again!
Note: Participants must read the full Terms and Conditions prior to registering for the photography competition.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The competition is open to visitors to Bird Island from 1 June 2017 to 15 September 2017 only.
- The visitors must have booked a stay at the lodge at some point between the above-mentioned dates.
- Images that have won prizes in prior competitions, or have been used for commercial purposes and/or been published will not be eligible.
2. HOW TO ENTER
- To officially register for this competition, participants must email [email protected] stating that they are participating in the Bird Island Photography Competition in the body of the email. They must also provide the following:
1) Their full name
2) date of birth
3) country of residence
4) telephone number
5) dates of stay on Bird Island during which the photos were taken;
6) and their chosen photos
Participants may either email their entries directly (e.g. an image per email) or may send these via Dropbox or WeTransfer. The above details must be included.
- When emailing entries, the subject of the email must be ‘Photo Competition - Participant’s Name’ (e.g. Photo Competition – John Doe).
- Each image submitted must be clearly labelled with a title, where on Bird Island the photo was taken and the participant’s name (e.g. Crazy Sunset, Bird Island’s West Beach, John Doe).
- All submitted images are non-returnable.
- Where participants have an account, they must ‘Like’ the Bird Island Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/birdislandseychelles/) as well as follow us on Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/birdislandlodge_seychelles/) and on Twitter (https://twitter.com/theislandbird), for competition updates and results and to be considered as an entrant in the competition.
- All entries must be submitted by Sunday 17th September 2017, before 11.59pm, if participants are to be considered for the competition.
- Images submitted will be judged by a panel of members of the Bird Island Management team. They will evaluate the images based on the following criteria:
2) Technical excellence
4) Artistic merit
5) Overall impact
-Each participant can submit up to five (5) images.
- Submitted images should be in JPEG format and have a resolution of at least 1600x1600 pixels.
- The images should be at least 3 MB in size and must not exceed 10 MB.
- Digital manipulation that distorts the reality of the images will not be allowed. Only basic enhancements such as sharpening, contrast adjustment, or simple cropping will be allowed.
- All photos must have complete information attached, which includes a title, the location of the photo and the participant’s name. The judges use this information to help them select the winners. Not providing full information may disqualify your entry by the judges.
- Participants must ensure their work is original, is not copied from any other person(s) and does not contain third party material or content that the participant does not have permission to use and must not include trademarks of any kind.
- In the case where an image features another person(s), the participant is responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to Bird Island Seychelles upon request. Where an individual whose image is featured in a photo is aged less than 18 years, the entrant confirms that the parent or guardian of that individual has given the relevant consent.
- Submitted images must not have been entered into any other competition, used by or licenced to any other third party.
- Submitted images must not be offensive or be against the law and/or public policy. Images must not contain or depict any nudity or violence, be sexually explicit, or otherwise contain objectionable subject matter.
- For images featuring wildlife, these must have been taken under natural conditions and in an ethical manner that places the welfare of wildlife above the photographer’s desire to obtain an image. Photographers should make every effort to avoid any action that might interfere with natural wildlife behavior. Contest entrants must not submit images that involve the willful harassment of wildlife or damage to the environment.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
- The photographers retain ownership of their submitted images. However, by entering the competition, the participant grants an exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual license to Bird Island, Seychelles and the Seychelles Tourism Board to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of its publications, websites, social media, and/or in any promotional material printed and/or in digital format.
- Winners will be notified by phone or e-mail within 28 days following the end of the competition and results will be released publicly, shortly thereafter.
- The decision of the judges is final and no appeals or complaints in regards to the decision will be considered. By submitting an entry, participants accept these terms and conditions.
- Bird Island Seychelles reserves the right to confirm and verify the identity of the finalists, by requesting the person(s) to proof of identity, proof of age, and proof that they submitted the photo. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the absolute discretion of Bird Island Seychelles.
- Bird Island, Seychelles reserves the right to use your name and county of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as the author of your entry and/or as a winner in the competition.
6. COMPETITION PRIZE
- One Grand Prize will be awarded, which will be a 2 nights stay on Bird Island for 2 persons on Full Board basis; including return Mahe/Bird/Mahe flights. This prize is valid for a period of one (1) year. Therefore, the trip must be booked and taken by the winner within a year from the release of the competition results. The exact dates will be the choice of the Winner, subject to availability.
- The prize is non-transferrable and non-exchangeable for cash or in kind.
- The judging panel reserves the right not to award the prize if the images submitted do not meet the photo competition requirements.
- As part of the prize, the winner and top finalists will be mentioned in Bird Island Seychelles’ social media posts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, along with their winning shots. They may also be published in the December 2017 issue of the Bird Island Seychelles E-Newsletter, on Bird Island’s website, on blogs, in other publications (online and/or print), as well as in an exhibition. The winner and respective finalists will be notified by email when they are initially published.
- We reserve the right to modify the rules and regulations of the competition including the prize, as and when necessary and without prior notice.
- It is the responsibility of each participant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Bird Island Seychelles takes no responsibility or accepts no liability for disputes arising from the publication or use of any submitted images, the liability of which will lie with the participant.
- While Bird Island Seychelles will exercise due care during the collection, selection and storage of images, it shall not be held liable for any loss, theft or destruction of the images.
- Bird Island Seychelles shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this competition where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, political unrest, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
8. ACCEPTANCE OF RULES AND REGULATIONS
- By submitting an image for the competition, the participant will be regarded as having accepted and agreed to be bound by the Terms & Conditions of the competition.
- By entering this competition participants agree to receive any correspondences from Bird Island, relating your competition entry.
- Entry in to this competition is also an agreement by the participant, for the use of their names and place of residence publicly (in print, online or on television) when any announcements are made on the competition.
9. HOW TO CONTACT US
- Any question regarding the Terms & Conditions or technical matters, including problems uploading photos can be sent to [email protected] or participants can send us a message via Facebook messenger.