Good Things To Know About Bird Island Lodge
Bird Island Lodge offers a unique blend of hospitality, relaxation and simplicity in an unpretentious and natural environment. Manned by friendly Seychellois staff and offering no gimmicks, the lodge is your base to explore all aspects of this beautiful island.
To visit Bird Island guests need to book a chalet at Bird Island Lodge, the only hotel on the island. Apart from the guests and the staff, there are no other human inhabitants here.
There are no pretentions at Bird Isand Lodge and we always let guests know what you will not find here.
- No televisions in the rooms – So as not to detract from the natural sounds and sights.
- No air conditioning – Excellent natural ventilation and ceiling fans ensure the rooms are always kept cool.
- No telephones in the rooms – There are telephone, fax and E-mail facilities available at reception.
- No swimming pool – The beach offers excellent and safe swimming.
- No intrusive service – Our friendly staff are always attentive and ready with a smile.
The main hotel building with its Reception, Lounge, Restaurant and Bar is situated a couple of minutes walk from the airstrip, where guests arrive on the only scheduled flight each day.
24 simple but very comfortable individual chalets nestle amongst what was the island’s old coconut plantation. Each has a king-sized bed, large shower room and separate toilet, lounge corner and spacious patio overlooking the gardens to the sea beyond. Each chalet will accommodate a third adult and child or two extra children.
Our facilities & services
- Boutique: There is a wide range of hand printed t-shirts, shorts and sarongs for both adults and children.
- Credit Cards: Visa, MasterCard and American Express are all accepted.
- Children: Babysitting and children’s early dinners are available on request.
- Wheelchair Access: Contact us for more information.
- Power supply: Electricity 24 hours a day. 220-240V. Each chalet has 13A UK standard socket outlets. Continental adaptors are available (from reception).
- Safes: Each chalet has its own electronic digital safe.
- Beach Towels: Available from reception.