Flights to Bird Island
Bird Island operates a scheduled charter service to the island, once a week, by light aircraft. When a reservation is made for a stay on Bird Island, a return flight is automatically booked on our scheduled flights.
Mondays & Fridays
- Depart Mahé at 14:00 ( Check-in at 13:00, Seychelles Domestic Terminal, Mahe International Airport)
- Depart Bird at 14:45 (Check-in at 14:15, Bird Island Lobby)
Luggage Allowance: Due to aircraft size, please note that guests are only allowed a maximum of 15 KG per person (checked luggage). Excess baggage may be accepted on the same flight depending on space availability or forwarded on the next available flight (for stays longer than 1 week). Kindly refer with the International Airport for left luggage facilities.
Payment: Payment of flights is made along with payment of accommodation. This is required 14 days prior to your arrival. View Rates for further details.
Note: Private flights by fixed wing aircrafts or helicopter can also be arranged. Rates available on request.
Yacht Charter Access: If you’re planning a yacht charter trip in the Seychelles and would like to spend a few nights on Bird Island; Or if you’d just like to spend the day, contact us for more information.
What should you bring along?
- A hat or cap
- Flip-flops and walking shoes
- Swim wear
- Fairly light cothing but that will offer enough protection from the sun
- Toiletries -toothbrush, toothpaste, face towel and an amenity kit should you wish to come fully prepared
- Mosquito repellent
- Hand sanitizer
- Magazines or books
- Tablets (free WIFI is available)
Items not to forget:
- Any medication that you may be required to bring along
- Your camera and it’s charger (Bird Island offers fantastic opportunities for nature photography)
- And for the keen birder, bring along your binoculars!
- For sanitary reasons we ask that guests bring their own mask and tuba/snorkel. Snorkeling fins can be rented on site
- Your reusable water bottle
- Your reusable straw
- Your reusable shopping bag