Getting to Bird Island
Bird Island operates a charter service to the island on a daily basis using an Air Seychelles aircraft, departing from the Seychelles Domestic Terminal at the Mahe International Airport.
Flight Times: Depart Mahé at 10:40 am, Depart Bird at 11:25 am.
When a reservation is made for the Lodge, the return flight is automatically booked by Bird Island.
Pick-up or drop-off on other islands with an airstrip can be arranged at a supplement. Helicopter flights can also be arranged on request.
Luggage Allowance: Due to aircraft size, please note that guests are only allowed a maximum of 15 KG per person (checked luggage). Excess baggage may be accepted on the same flight depending on space availability or forwarded on next available flight. Secure left luggage facilities are available at the International Airport for locked luggage.
Payment: Payment of flights is made along with payment of stay at the lodge. This is required 30 days prior to your arrival. View Rates for further details.
What should you bring along?
- A hat or cap
- Flip-flops and walking shoes
- Swim wear
- Fairly light cothing but that will offer enough protection from the sun
- Toiletries -toothbrush, toothpaste, face towel and an amenity kit should you wish to come fully prepared
- Mosquito repellent
- Magazines or books
- Tablets (complimentary WIFI is now available)
Items not to forget:
- Any medication that you may be required to bring along
- Your camera and it’s charger (Bird Island offers fantastic opportunities for nature photography)
- And for the keen birder, bring along your binoculars!
- Bird Island does provide complimentary snorkeling equipment but should you wish to bring your own personal mask and tuba, you are free to do so. We can provide the flippers.